Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
This is a great go-to egg-free “mayo” recipe. Are you avoiding eggs? Can’t get enough of that creamy avocado goodness? This avocado mayonnaise is tangy and creamy, just like mayonnaise should be…but with even more flavor!
Enjoy this mayo substitute on sandwiches, burgers, or use it as a dip for your veggies. No matter how you use it, I know you’ll love it.
Traditional Mayonnaise vs avocado mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is traditionally made by carefully combining eggs and oil to make an emulsion. For a traditional egg mayonnaise, check out this homemade avocado oil mayonnaise. You can easily make it in just a couple minutes.
To be clear, I absolutely love my mayonnaise recipe. It’s awesome. But not everybody likes mayonnaise, and not everybody can eat eggs.
So if that’s you…please use this recipe as a mayo substitute and ENJOY!
you’ll never believe how good your dinner can taste…
Take your dinners to the next level with these simple (and delicious) sauce & dressing recipes. Opt in below to get this PDF delivered directly to your inbox for flavor-packed meals.
Egg Free avocado Mayonnaise
This egg free avocado “mayo” is not identical to mayonnaise, but it’s super tangy, creamy, and delicious.
And it’s a great way to include healthy avocados in your diet. AND I think it’s way more flavorful than the mayonnaise that you’re used to.
I’ve seen egg-free mayonnaise and avocado mayonnaise options at the store, but I’ve been discouraged that they seem to use vegetable oils, which aren’t something I want to put in my body if I can help it.
Good thing I have a great recipe to make my own at home!
Health Benefits of avocado
Avocados are incredibly nutritious. Here are just a few health benefits.
- Avocados are full of the good, heart-healthy fats
- They are higher in potassium than bananas
- Avocados are a high fiber, nutrient rich food
Recommended Tools & Ingredients For Avocado Mayonnaise
- Immersion blender – If you don’t already have an immersion blender, grab this one. It has a powerful motor which means no smoking and burning up the motor when you use it (I’ve tried several and this one works great).
- Mason jar – This size works great to store dips and sauces.
- Rubber spatula – This is a kitchen must-have. You’re wasting food if you don’t have a rubbery rubber spatula like this one.
- Apple cider vinegar – make sure it has the “mother” like this one.
- Avocado oil – you can use any mild tasting oil, we really love this non-GMO avocado oil.
- Lemon juice – Careful with this one. All you need is lemon juice, not a bunch of preservatives. Buy fresh lemons or 100% lemon juice like this one.
How To Make Avocado Mayonnaise
The process to make this avocado mayonnaise is super simple. Throw all the ingredients into a mason jar, then blend it up using your immersion blender (I highly recommend this immersion blender). It’s one of my favorite time saving tools in the kitchen.
How To Use Avocado Mayonnaise
Serve it as a veggie dip for your holiday party, or spread it on your burger. I think you’ll love it no matter how you use it.
Where to Buy Avocado Mayonnaise
This recipe is super simple and only takes five minutes to whip up a batch. But maybe you’re sitting there like…”but I don’t HAVE five minutes right now.” Well, I get it. We all go through busy seasons.
And sometimes you might decide it’s worth it to BUY something that’s pre-made instead of MAKING it from scratch. We all need to make the decision about what’s worth it to make and what’s not.
So if you’re looking to buy avocado mayonnaise, check your local health food store. They’ll probably have an egg free mayo, but it won’t be made with avocados.
Or you can look on Amazon. I searched for “egg free mayo with avocados” on Amazon and got these results. You’ll see it’s not going to be the same as this recipe.
Also, I would caution you to check the ingredients and make sure you know what you’re eating. Most sauces and dips are highly processed and have a bunch of stuff that we’d be better off NOT eating.
In the end, this avocado mayo is delicious, nutritious, and worth taking five minutes to make at home.
Healthy Eating Resources
If you’re struggling to find time to prepare healthy meals at home, don’t worry. Here are two things for you to try.
- Prep Dish – This is more than just weekly meal plans, it’s a system that totally simplified meal planning for me. It helped me see the value in prepping ingredients ahead of time and changed the way I think about meal planning. Get a FREE two week trial with this link OR save $10 on the annual subscription.
- Sun Basket – I get it. We all need a break…planning out a healthy menu each week takes time. With Sun Basket you get quality ingredients & delicious restaurant-quality recipes delivered to your door. They cater to almost every diet, too! Get $35 off your order here!
Looking for more delicious Homemade Dips?
- Trader Joe’s Almond Jalapeno Dip
- 5 Minute Homemade Hummus
- Simple & Delicious Guacamole
- Homemade Mayonnaise With Avocado Oil
Oh, and don’t forget to check out this absolutely delicious avocado chocolate pudding, which doubles as pudding AND a refined-sugar free, dairy free chocolate frosting.Print
Tangy & Creamy Avocado Mayonnaise
Make this mayonnaise without any eggs! Use creamy avocado and simple seasonings for a delicious dip!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: dip, spread, sauce
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp oil (avocado oil or olive oil work well)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put all ingredients in mason jar
- Use immersion blender and blend until creamy
- Taste and adjust, as needed
- Store in mason jar in fridge
This recipe makes about 1 cup of avocado mayonnaise.
Keywords: vegan mayonnaise, avocado mayonnaise