Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
This recipe is the best vegan mayo recipe out there, made from avocados and simple ingredients. It's a great egg free mayonnaise that goes great on sandwiches, wraps, burgers, or even as a dip for your veggies. No matter how you use it, I know you'll love it.
What makes this egg free mayonnaise better?
Mayonnaise is traditionally made by carefully combining eggs and oil to make an emulsion. For a traditional egg mayonnaise, check out this homemade avocado oil mayonnaise.
To be clear, I absolutely love my "normal" mayonnaise recipe. It's delicious. But not everybody likes the mayonnaise with eggs, and not everybody can (or wants to) eat eggs.
How to Make Egg Free Mayonnaise
This egg free vegan mayonnaise doesn't taste exactly the same to normal mayonnaise. But it is tangy, creamy, and delicious (with even MORE flavor than regular mayo).
This plant based mayo recipe is a great way to include healthy avocados in your diet.
I've seen egg-free mayonnaise and avocado mayonnaise options at the store, but I've been discouraged that they seem to use vegetable oils, lots of soy, and other ingredients that I try to avoid if possible.
Health benefits of avocados
Avocados are incredibly nutritious. Here are just a few health benefits.
- Avocados are full of the good, heart-healthy fats
- They are higher in potassium than bananas
- Avocados are a high fiber, nutrient rich food
Recommended Tools & Ingredients For Plant Based Avocado Mayonnaise
Recommended Tools To Make Egg Free Mayo
- Immersion blender - If you don't already have an immersion blender, grab this one. It has a powerful motor which means no smoking and burning up the motor when you use it (I've tried several and this one works great).
- Mason jar - This size works great to store dips and sauces.
- Rubber spatula - This is a kitchen must-have. You're wasting food if you don't have a rubber spatula like this one.
Recommended Ingredients for Egg Free Mayo
- Apple cider vinegar - make sure it has the "mother" like this one.
- Avocado oil - you can use any mild tasting oil, we really love this non-GMO avocado oil.
- Lemon juice - Careful with this one. All you need is lemon juice, not a bunch of preservatives. Buy fresh lemons or 100% lemon juice like this one.
How To Make Egg Free Mayonnaise
The process to make this avocado mayonnaise is super simple. Throw all the ingredients into a mason jar, then blend it up using your immersion blender (I highly recommend this immersion blender). It's one of my favorite time saving tools in the kitchen.
And, if you're okay with a chunkier sauce, go ahead and try to mash your avocados with a fork (and mix it all up without any blender appliance).
How To Use Your Avocado Egg-Free Mayonnaise
There are so many ways you can use this mayonnaise.
- Dip some homemade protein crackers in it (like these almond flour "cheese" crackers, or these almond flour ranch crackers.)
- Dip your baked sweet potato fries in it
- Spread it on your burger, sandwich, or wrap
Where to Buy Egg Free Mayonnaise
This recipe is super simple and only takes five minutes to whip up a batch. But maybe you're sitting there like..."but I don't HAVE five minutes right now." Well, I get it. We all go through busy seasons.
And sometimes you might decide it's worth it to BUY something that's pre-made instead of MAKING it from scratch. We all need to make the decision about what's worth it to make and what's not.
So if you're looking to buy avocado mayonnaise, or just egg-free mayo, check your local health food store. They'll probably have an egg free mayo, but it won't be made with avocados.
Or you can look on Amazon. I searched for "egg free mayo with avocados" on Amazon and got these results. You'll see it's not going to have the same ingredients as this recipe does though.
Also, I would caution you to check the ingredients and make sure you know what you're eating. Most sauces and dips are highly processed and have a bunch of stuff that we'd be better off NOT eating.
In the end, this egg free mayo recipe is delicious, nutritious, and so very worth taking five minutes to make at home.
Healthy Eating Resource - Prep Dish
If you're struggling to find time to prepare healthy meals at home, don't worry. Prep Dish can help. This is more than just weekly meal plans, it's a system that totally simplified meal planning for me.
Looking for more delicious homemade dips?
Don't spend hours on Pinterest searching for simple & healthy sauce recipes when you could grab this eBook NOW and free up your afternoon! Learn more & grab it here (ON SALE NOW)!
Here are a few more delicious dip recipes I've got here on the blog:
- Trader Joe's Almond Jalapeno Dip
- 5 Minute Homemade Hummus
- Simple & Delicious Guacamole
- Homemade Mayonnaise With Avocado Oil
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp oil (avocado oil or olive oil work well)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Put all ingredients in mason jar
- Use immersion blender and blend until creamy
- Taste and adjust, as needed
- Store in mason jar in fridge
This recipe makes about 1 cup of avocado mayonnaise.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g