Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
People rave about this avocado mayo recipe. It's made with simple ingredients already in your cupboard...the best egg free mayo out there. Use it on your sandwich, burger, or even as a dip for your veggies.
This avocado mayonnaise doesn't taste exactly the same to normal mayonnaise. But it IS tangy, creamy, and delicious (with even MORE flavor than regular mayo).
It's a plant based mayo recipe that's a great way to add more healthy fats to your diet and make your food taste delicious.
Tools Needed To Make Avocado Mayo
- Immersion blender - If you don't already have an immersion blender, grab this one. It has a powerful motor which means no smoking and burning up the motor when you use it (I've tried several and that one works great).
- Mason jar - You likely already have mason jars lying around, but if you need a few more this size works great to store dips and sauces.
- Rubber spatula - This is a kitchen must-have. You'll be wasting food if you can't scrape the bowl clean with a rubber spatula like this one.
Ingredients for Avocado Mayo + Ingredient Substitutions
- Avocado - You'll want to grab a large ripe avocado (soft to touch).
- Apple cider vinegar - The vinegar will add some acidity to the mayo. Make sure it has the "mother" like this one for extra health benefits.
- Lemon juice - The lemon juice adds some acidity and tang. Buy fresh lemons at the store, or 100% lemon juice like this one.
- Spices - Garlic powder and onion powder add a delicious savory flavor to the avocado mayo.
- Avocado oil - We try to avoid refined vegetable oils so I recommend avocado oil like this non-GMO avocado oil. You could also use olive oil if you'd prefer.
- Water - The water will thin out the mayo. Add more water for a thinner mayo, less for thicker mayo.
- Salt - Don't forget the salt to balance out the flavor.
How To Make Egg Free Avocado Mayo
The process to make this avocado mayonnaise is super simple. Throw all the ingredients into a mason jar, then blend it up using your immersion blender (I highly recommend this immersion blender).
If you don't have an immersion blender, you can use a food processor or a high speed blender. You know your blender better than I do. Some of them can't do dips like this because it all just sticks to the sides.
Related Post: Time Saving Kitchen Tools in My Minimalist Kitchen
If you're okay with a chunkier sauce, go ahead and try to mash your avocados with a fork (and mix it all up without any blender appliance).
- Is avocado mayo healthy? This avocado mayo recipe is full of healthy fats from avocados and simple ingredients. It's absolutely healthy.
- What is avocado mayo made of? I've seen egg-free mayonnaise and avocado mayonnaise options at the store, but I've been discouraged that they seem to use vegetable oils, lots of soy, and other ingredients that I try to avoid if possible. But when you make it at home you can guarantee it's made with real food ingredients and healthy avocados.
- What's the difference between mayonnaise and avocado mayonnaise? Avocado mayonnaise like this recipe is made with an actual avocado and no eggs. Mayonnaise (like this homemade mayonnaise) is made from an egg-oil emulsion.
How To Use Your Avocado Mayonnaise
There are so many ways you can use this egg free mayo.
- Dip some homemade protein crackers in it (like these almond flour "cheese" crackers, or these almond flour ranch crackers)
- Use it as a dip for your baked sweet potato fries
- Spread it on your burger, sandwich, or wrap
Looking for more delicious homemade dips?
I'm a big fan of making sauces and salad dressings in your own kitchen. The store bought options usually have refined oils, preservatives, and excess salt and sugar that are just unnecessary.
Don't spend hours on Pinterest searching for simple & healthy sauce recipes when you could grab this eBook NOW and free up your afternoon! Learn more & grab it here (ON SALE NOW)!
- Trader Joe's Almond Jalapeno Dip Recipe
- 5 Minute Homemade Hummus with Tahini
- Simple & Delicious Guacamole
- Homemade Mayonnaise With Avocado Oil
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp oil (avocado oil or olive oil work well)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Put all ingredients in mason jar
- Use immersion blender and blend until creamy
- Taste and adjust, as needed
- Store in mason jar in fridge
This recipe makes about 1 cup of avocado mayonnaise.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g