Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
This healthy peanut sauce is gonna make your taste buds SO happy. It's a little sweet, a little salty, very creamy and extremely delicious.
With this recipe you can have all the delicious flavor of a healthy peanut sauce without all the grease and who-knows-what's-in-here sauce from your take-out restaurant. Here's a recipe you can make in five minutes that will give your dish so much flavor.
Tools Needed to Make Healthy Peanut Sauce
- Mason jar - For storing big batches of peanut sauce for summer rolls. Here's the best size
- Food processor, Immersion Blender, or Blender - Get your favorite blending appliance out.
Ingredients Needed to Make Healthy Peanut Sauce
- Peanut butter - Use good, high-quality peanut butter for your spring roll peanut sauce recipe. It gives the sauce its savory flavor and thickens the sauce. Don't use the kind with hydrogenated oils. Make sure it's just peanuts on the ingredient label (a little salt is okay too).
- Water - This will thin the sauce to a nice dipping or drizzling consistency.
- Coconut aminos - This is a soy-free alternative to soy sauce. If you prefer using soy sauce, by all means...you do you. Coconut aminos are kinda like soy sauce, except they're a bit sweeter. Here's the kind we use.
- Honey, maple syrup, or molasses: These sweeten your sauce. Use your favorite.
- Lime - Don't skip the lime. This really amps up the flavor in the sauce.
- Salt - If you're using soy sauce, I'd wait on the salt until you can taste it. Soy sauce is saltier than coconut aminos.
- Hot sauce (like Sriracha), to taste - Go easy on the spice if you have spice-averse kids.
How to make Healthy Peanut Sauce in 5 minutes or less
This recipe is easy to make. Just throw everything in your food processor or blender and turn it on until combined. If you prefer to use an immersion blender, put it in a bowl or mason jar and blend it all up. Add more water to thin it out more.
FAQ and Recipe Tips
How to store the spring rolls peanut sauce?
I love these mason jars for storing sauces. Here's the best size for big batches of sauce. This recipe makes about 1.5 cups, which would fit in those jars well. I love the wide mouth version so I can use my rubber spatula to get it all out. You don't want to waste any of this sauce, believe me.
How long will peanut sauce keep in the fridge?
This peanut sauce recipe should keep in the fridge for about a week in an airtight container.
Is peanut sauce healthy?
This homemeade peanut sauce is definitely healthy. It's made with wholesome ingredients and while it's not low-calorie, it is healthy. If you look at the peanut sauce at the store, peek at the ingredients and you'll likely see refined oils, lots of sugar, and tons of salt (among other undesirable things). That's why we love making our sauces at home.
What tastes good with peanut sauce?
You can use this peanut sauce for summer rolls, on your stir fry, poured over some noodles (veggie noodles, rice noodles, wheat noodles, or any other kind of noodle you can think of). On spring rolls, this peanut sauce recipe is a hit. So many options!
What's an alternative to peanut sauce?
If you're looking for sauce ideas, you've come to the right place. Use the search bar for "sauce" and you'll see a LOT of recipes here. If you're looking for an alternative to using peanuts in the sauce, try a different nut butter like almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower butter which will give you the same texture as peanut sauce, with a slightly different flavor.
Related Recipes (More delicious sauce recipes)
- Easy Pizza Sauce With Tomato Paste
- 5 Minute Coconut Curry Sauce
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Mayo
- 5 Minute Basil Walnut Pesto
- No Cook Honey Barbecue Sauce
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½-3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon honey
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- hot sauce (like Sriracha), to taste
- Put all ingredients (only ½ cup water to start) in your food processor and blend until smooth. You can use an immersion blender if you'd rather.
- Add more water (up to ¼ cup) until you get to a consistency you like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: ¼ C
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 439mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 7g