Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
Make these fish tacos with cilantro lime sauce today and you won't be disappointed.
These fish tacos have it all. Amazing flavor, great texture, and a delicious creamy sauce. What more could you ask for?
How to make fish tacos with cilantro lime sauce
The process is super simple.
- Make the fish (we use cod, but any white fish will do).
- Get your tortillas ready. Use this homemade tortilla recipe or get some from the store.
- Make the avocado lime sauce
- Shred the cabbage
- Put it all together and enjoy!
Step 1: Make your Fish
We used cod for this fish taco recipe, but any white fish will do. Cook it on the stove top with a sprinkling of salt.
Step 2: Get your Tortillas ready
If you're making your own, make sure they're ready to go. Homemade tortillas take a while (but are totally worth it if you have the time).
I like to heat up the tortillas before serving to make sure they don't crumble apart when you pick them up.
Step 3: Make the Avocado Lime Sauce
The sauce is made with avocados, cilantro, lime, salt, and water. Can't get much simpler than that. Just blend it all up. Here's the avocado lime sauce recipe if you need it.
Step 4: Shredded Cabbage for some crunch
I think the perfect meals are the ones with lots of different textures and flavors. To add some crunch to these tacos, we added cabbage (you could also use a store-bought greens and cabbage mix to save time).
Step 5: Put your tacos together and enjoy
I like to spread the sauce on the tortillas, then add the fish and cabbage (or cabbage and greens combo). Add your favorite hot sauce and enjoy your dinner! Of course, feel free to drizzle extra sauce over the top of the tacos.
To add even more flavor, I can't recommend this avocado mango salsa enough. It's just so good.
Looking for more Healthy and Homemade Dinner Recipes?
- Fiesta Zucchini Fritters With Cilantro Mayo Sauce
- Paleo Chicken Pad Thai With Carrot Noodles
- Chicken Bowls With Carrot Noodles and Peanut Sauce
- 30 Minute Chickpea Turmeric Curry
- Fish Tacos With Avocado Mango Salsa
- Slice the cabbage into thin pieces, drizzle juice from ½ lime on top and add a pinch of salt. Let sit while you cook the fish.
- Heat a pan with 1 Tbsp oil on medium heat.
- Cook the fish in the hot pan for 3-4 minutes and then flip. You'll know it's cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Drizzle the fish with juice from ½ lime, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Assemble the tacos...tortillas, fish, sauce, cilantro.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g