Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
These healthy fish tacos are packed with flavor, great texture, and they’re so simple to put together. If you like some sweetness in your fish tacos, these are for you. I think fish tacos are best when there’s a little crunch, a ton of flavor, and a creamy element makes them even better. They need to have it all. And these do!
We used cod for these fish tacos, but any white fish will do. Cook it on the stove top with a little salt sprinkled on top. When it’s done cooking, drizzle some lime juice on it.
Pick your tortillas. I used small (3″ or 4″ diameter) corn tortillas for this recipe. If you want to make taco night extra special, have you thought about making your own tortillas? If you have the right tools it’s really pretty simple. Read more about making your own tortillas here. If not, these corn tortillas would work great!
Avocado Mango Salsa
This avocado mango salsa is SO good. Sweet mango avocado salsa, a kick from the red onion and great flavor from the cilantro. Make it in five minutes…here’s the recipe.
If you love flavorful sauces and dressings like I do, sign up for my mailing list and I’ll send you a FREE copy of my E-Book with 10 sauce and dressing recipes that are PACKED with flavor. It’ll be published in May 2019! Sign up here!
What’s a taco without a little crunch? Using a sharp knife, slice off REALLY thin pieces of cabbage. This will provide some crunch to the tacos, but not so much that you struggle to chew the tacos!
Healthy Fish Tacos
So now we have everything we need. Tortillas, fish, cabbage, and the star of the show…avocado mango salsa. Garnish with cilantro and then sit down and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Looking for more Healthy and Homemade Dinner Recipes?
- Fiesta Zucchini Fritters With Cilantro Mayo Sauce
- Paleo Chicken Pad Thai With Carrot Noodles
- Chicken Bowls With Carrot Noodles and Peanut Sauce
- Fish Tacos With Avocado Lime Sauce
- 30 Minute Chickpea Turmeric Curry
- Heat a pan with 1 Tbsp oil on medium heat.
- Sprinkle salt over the fish and cook it in the hot pan for 3-4 minutes and then flip. You’ll know it’s cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Drizzle the fish with juice from 1/2 lime, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Make the avocado mango salsa. Get the recipe here.
- Finely slice the cabbage.
- Put it all together. Tortillas, fish, cabbage, avocado mango salsa, and garnish with cilantro.
- Sit down and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 62mgSodium 190mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 28g