Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
Looking for a delicious sauce to compliment all your summer grilling? Then look no further, because this tasty cilantro lime mayo is delicious on fajitas, tacos, zucchini fritters, burgers, grilled chicken, you name it.
With lots of yummy flavors and creamy texture, this zesty sauce doesn’t just taste great, it is SO simple to make!
Whether you’re looking for a delicious healthy sauce you can make with the items in your fridge, or you're on a special diet like Whole30, Paleo, dairy free, or gluten free, you can drizzle this vibrant sauce on anything to add a punch of flavor to your next meal.
Ingredients to make your cilantro lime mayo
This cilantro lime mayo sauce is balanced in ALL the right ways. It will add bright and creamy tanginess to your burgers, veggies, tacos, really anything you want to put it on! It's like a shortcut to making cilantro lime aioli.
Instead of making an emulsion sauce, we're using mayonnaise as the base.
- Mayonnaise - Here's my mayonnaise recipe if you'd like to make your own homemade version.
- Fresh cilantro - You can use the stems and the leaves - just chop them up finely.
- Lime juice - Either grab a couple limes from your fridge drawer or use store bought lime juice (make sure you're using the kind with only on ingredient - limes).
- Cayenne pepper - optional, only if you want a spicy lime mayo sauce.
Tools to make this recipe
This sauce is super simple and requires very few tools to make.
- Small mixing bowl - A mason jar or ramekin also works great for this recipe!
- Cutting board - I absolutely love wood cutting boards. You don’t have to worry about plastic bits getting into your food and no harsh noises from your knife on a glass cutting board.
- Knife - We love Wustoff knives, particularly this one. This knife didn't come with our set, but it's become my favorite!
How to make this cilantro lime mayo recipe
Step 1: Chop your cilantro
Finely chop a handful of cilantro, don’t worry about removing the stems. They actually add a ton of flavor! Make sure to chop them finely and you won’t notice any pieces in the dip.
Step 2: Combine all ingredients together
Mix the mayo, lime, cilantro, and cayenne (if using) in a ramekin, mason jar, or another small mixing bowl.
Step 3: Serve & Enjoy
I've used this sauce on zucchini fritters, roasted veggie fajitas, burgers, and even drizzled over tuna cakes. It's such a delicious sauce, it can be used anywhere you want to add an extra kick of acidity and flavor!
Looking for more delicious homemade sauce recipes?
- ½ cup mayonnaise (here's my mayonnaise recipe)
- 1 big handful of cilantro, chopped
- ½ juice of lime
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper (optional, to taste)
- If you're making your own mayonnaise, make it first. Use this recipe for a perfect mayo every time.
- Grab a big handful of cilantro and chop it finely. You can leave the stems in if you'd like. They just give a bunch of flavor!
- Mix the mayonnaise, cilantro, and lime juice in a ramekin.
- Add a dash of cayenne (optional). Add more if you want more spice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g