Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
This cilantro lime mayo is a delicious sauce to go with fajitas, tacos, zucchini fritters, tuna cakes, grilled chicken, you name it. It’s got a delicious creamy texture and a ton of flavor. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s SO simple to make.
Make your own mayonnaise for a healthy dip to use on your next sandwich. It’s Whole 30 approved, Paleo, Gluten free and dairy free. Make this for your next party!
In any meal I eat, I pay close attention to the balance of flavors. What needs balanced?
I’m sure you’ve had an unbalanced meal where you just thought…something’s missing from this. Maybe you knew right away what it was. Or maybe you just put some hot sauce on it and called it good.
We went out to eat last week and were SO excited about it. Because when you have young kids, going out to eat (without the kids) is a rare thing.
We got a few of this restaurant’s signature tacos. The flavors were really unique and wonderful, but one of the tacos we got was just…dry. And it was lacking the acidity it needed to really make it shine.
So what did we do? We ate it anyway…but we did move some of the pickled vegetables from another taco so it would taste better.
Tools to make This cilantro lime mayo sauce
- Small mixing bowl – A mason jar or ramekin works well for this recipe
- Cutting board – I love wood cutting boards. No plastic shaving off into your food, and no harsh noises from the knife hitting a glass cutting board.
- Knife – We’ve been using Wustoff knives and love them. This knife didn’t come with our set, but it’s become my favorite one!
A word about mayonnaise
I highly recommend making your own mayonnaise. By doing so, you’ll be avoiding the refined oils in the store bought version. When I first started making my own mayonnaise I was AMAZED at how much better it tasted.
And since that first time five years ago, I haven’t bought a single jar of mayonnaise. Here’s my homemade mayonnaise recipe.
How to make cilantro lime mayo sauce
step 1: Chop your cilantro
Grab a handful and chop the cilantro finely. You can leave the stems in. They give a ton of flavor. Just chop them finely and you won’t notice in the dip.
Step 2: combine all ingredients together
Mix the mayo, lime, cilantro, and cayenne (if using) in a ramekin, mason jar, or other small mixing bowl.
Step 3: Serve & Enjoy
Make more with Mayo
That was easy, right? Mayo is an awesome base to sauces, salad dressings, and dips. Don’t think it’s only useful on your sandwich by itself!
- More dips and sauces with mayo
- 5 minute avocado oil mayo recipe – make your own mayo for even BETTER flavor and none of the preservatives or refined oils you’ll find in the store bought versions.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Mayo Sauce
This creamy and tangy cilantro lime mayonnaise sauce is delicious with tacos, spread on your sandwich, or drizzled over some zucchini fritters.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1/2 cup 1x
- Category: sauce, dip
- Method: mix, stir
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (here’s my mayonnaise recipe)
- 1 big handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 juice of lime
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper (optional, to taste)
- If you’re making your own mayonnaise, make it first. Use this recipe for a perfect mayo every time.
- Grab a big handful of cilantro and chop it finely. You can leave the stems in if you’d like. They just give a bunch of flavor!
- Mix the mayonnaise, cilantro, and lime juice in a ramekin.
- Add a dash of cayenne (optional). Add more if you want more spice.
Keywords: mayo sauce, mayo dip, cilantro lime mayo