Guilt Free Personal Brownie to Satisfy Your Chocolate Craving
Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
When you get a chocolate craving, but you think you just *might* eat the whole pan of brownies, this personal brownie is for you. Grain & gluten free, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free. And absolutely delicious. Give it a try. You won’t be disappointed.
I love chocolate. And I don’t discriminate about what form it’s in. Beverage (hot cocoa), brownie, cake, bar. I’ll eat any and all of it. Especially when it’s made with healthy ingredients like this brownie.
When it comes to the darkness of the chocolate, I say the darker the better. If there’s too much sugar, it detracts from the dark, rich, bitter notes of the chocolate. And we don’t need excess sugar in our diet anyway.
Real Ingredients, Rich Flavor
These brownies are awesome!
- grain & gluten free
- dairy free
- refined sugar free
- egg free
- absolutely delicious.
And not only are they free of all that…
They’re full of nutrient rich ingredients like…
- almond butter
- almond flour
- coconut oil
- coconut milk
- cacao powder (a less processed, more nutrient rich version of cocoa powder. For more info on the differences, read this article.)
- and more…
I’ve been working on identifying potential problematic foods for my body. If you’ve ever done an elimination diet, you know it can be hard initially to think of what you can eat.
And of course, I really wanted a chocolate brownie treat. I thought there was no way I would be able to replicate the “brownie” I once knew. Because sometimes when you make substitutions for health reasons or because of food sensitivities, you sacrifice the flavor to get more nutrition.
Not so with these brownies.
These brownies taste just like the best dairy/wheat/egg filled recipe I have ever made. So rich, so moist and so so so much chocolate flavor. I really hope you try them. Please let me know if you do!
If you’re looking for more ways to add healthy snacks into your diet, sign up below for a free printable with healthy snack substitutions and recipes.
HOMEMADE HEALTHY SNACKS
"INSTEAD OF BUYING THIS...MAKE THIS" CHEAT SHEET WITH RECIPES
You have Successfully Subscribed!
I love this “personal” size, because usually when I want one of these brownies, I just want one (well, I want 10, but I know that won’t be a good thing). So instead of trusting my self control around a whole pan of brownies, I can just make one ramekin.
I used a ramekin that’s 4″ wide at the top rim. Really, it makes more than one brownie serving. It’s a few. Enough to satisfy your craving (and then a few more bites a little bit later).
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs almond flour
- 1.5 Tbs 100% cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt, plus a pinch for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
- Grease your ramekin with coconut oil (I used a four inch diameter ramekin)
- Put the almond butter and coconut oil in a small microwave proof bowl, and heat until melted
- Mix with the rest of the wet ingredients in small bowl
- Mix dry ingredients in small bowl
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until combined
- Scoop batter into ramekin (or other 3-4" baking dish)
- Sprinkle with salt
- Cook for 10-15 minutes in oven. For a gooey brownie, cook until the top is just set (for me that was right at 14 minutes, but I checked it at 8, 10, and 12).
- Let cool (if you can resist) before eating.
If you decide to make yourself a brownie, let me know how it goes in the comments below.