Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
When you get a chocolate craving, but you think you just *might* eat the whole pan of brownies, this personal ramekin brownie is the perfect solution for you.
BONUS! It's grain & gluten free, dairy free, egg free and made with cocoa powder. And it's absolutely delicious. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
This is a perfect date night brownie for your weekly date night or a special occasion...Valentine's Day? Anniversary?
Make it fun by preparing it together, then enjoying it together.
ramekin single (or double) serve
This is similar to a mug brownie recipe, except I made it in a ramekin. It's a single serving brownie (maybe two people if you're willing to share the goodness).
Especially when it's made with healthy ingredients.
When it comes to the darkness of the chocolate, I say the darker the better. I like the dark, rich, bitter notes of the chocolate, and excess sugar takes some of that away.
Tools to make this Ramekin brownie
- Ramekin (I like this 4" size for this recipe)
- Toaster oven - Not necessary, but pretty convenient if you don't want to preheat the whole oven.
- Cocoa powder - we've been using this brand for a lot of our kitchen needs and have been really happy with their products.
- Coconut milk - Get the stuff in the can (full fat) OR sub for almond milk
Real Ingredients, Rich Flavor
Made with real ingredients, this personal size brownie recipe is a winner.
this brownie is free of:
- grain & gluten free
- dairy free
- refined sugar free
- egg free
- absolutely delicious.
And not only is it free of all that...
And It's full of nutrient rich ingredients:
- almond butter
- almond flour
- coconut oil
- coconut milk (or almond milk)
- cocoa powder or cacao powder (a less processed, more nutrient rich version of cocoa powder. For more info on the differences, read this article.)
- and more...
How to Make This Personal Sized Ramekin Brownie
Making this brownie is really very simple. Mix the dry ingredients, then the wet. Combine them into a ramekin and bake in the oven (or toaster oven) until the edges start to harden.
To ensure a moist middle (my favorite part), don't over cook it.
brownie for one? or brownie for two?
I love this "personal" size, because usually when I want one of these brownies, I just want one (well, I want 10, but I know that won't be a good thing).
So instead of trusting my self control around a whole pan of brownies, I can just make one ramekin for a single serving.
I used a ramekin that's 4" wide at the top rim. Really, it makes more than one brownie serving. It's more like two servings. But I think it's the perfect amount for a personal size brownie recipe. Enough to satisfy your craving (and then a few more bites a little bit later).
Here are a few more chocolate treats for you to consider:
- Here's a full-pan version of this guilt free brownie
- Almond butter dark chocolate cups
- Rich and moist chocolate cake (GF, Paleo, DF)
- Homemade chocolate covered almonds (aka almond clusters)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp coconut milk (or almond milk)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs almond flour
- 1.5 Tbs 100% cacao powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt, plus a pinch for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
- Grease your ramekin with coconut oil (I used a four inch diameter ramekin)
- Put the almond butter and coconut oil in a small microwave proof bowl, and heat until melted
- Mix with the rest of the wet ingredients in small bowl
- Mix dry ingredients in small bowl
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until combined
- Scoop batter into ramekin (or other 3-4" baking dish)
- Sprinkle with salt
- Cook for 10-15 minutes in oven. For a gooey brownie, cook until the top is just set (for me that was right at 14 minutes, but I checked it at 8, 10, and 12).
- Let cool (if you can resist) before eating.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 9g
If you decide to make yourself this single serving brownie, let me know how it goes in the comments below.