Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
Are you ready for a delicious addition to your spring and summer salads? This raspberry vinaigrette dressing is a winner for so many reasons.
Use it on your next salad and you won’t be disappointed. It’s made with simple ingredients, including fresh raspberries (the fresher and sweeter the better on this one).
When you make salad dressing at home, you get to control the ingredients, and decide for yourself what will go in and go out of your food. This is also often a lot cheaper than the store bought alternatives.
Tools used to make raspberry vinaigrette
- Blender - We use this immersion blender and love it. It’s powerful enough for just about anything we’ve thrown at it, and we don’t have to get our big blender out. If you prefer to use your regular blender, that works too. A food processor would also work in this recipe.
- Jar or bowl to blend in - Use what you have - this size of mason jar works great.
Ingredients used to make raspberry vinaigrette & ingredient substitution ideas
- Fresh raspberries - The fresher and sweeter, the better. If you get off season store- bought raspberries, you’ll still get the vibrant pink color but you’ll probably want to add a touch of sweetener.
- Olive oil - I love using Extra Virgin Olive Oil in dressings. You can swap for another oil if you prefer.
- Red wine vinegar - Red wine vinegar tastes great in this dressing, you could swap for apple cider vinegar if you’d prefer.
- Mustard (use your favorite) - Yellow mustard, dijon mustard, or brown mustard would all work here.
- Salt, and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Honey or other sweetener - (optional) only if raspberries aren’t sweet.
HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE
Step 1: Add all ingredients to your blending jar (or bowl)
You need to cover the blades of the immersion blender with liquid in order for it to work, but as long as you’re not using a gigantic mixing bowl, you should be fine with any bowl or jar.
Add all your ingredients to the bowl or jar.
Step 2: Blend with your immersion blender
Use your immersion blender to blend the dressing until it’s smooth - 30 seconds to a minute. It shouldn’t take long.
RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE DRESSING TIPS
- I recommend getting the sweetest raspberries you can find.
- Fresh vs frozen raspberries: I used fresh raspberries to test the recipe, but you can use frozen as long as you thaw them before making the recipe.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING
I’m a texture person, so texture in salad is important to me. I like having a little bit of every texture in my salads.
I love using this dressing on a big salad with raspberries, hard boiled eggs, avocado, and greens…maybe with some crunchy bacon.
FAQ & Expert Tips
What is raspberry vinaigrette made of?
This raspberry vinaigrette dressing recipe is made with simple, real food ingredients (raspberries, olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and honey (optional).
When you buy a raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing at the store, however, it will likely have vegetable oils, artificial flavors, preservatives, red 40 or other food colorings, and other things that really aren’t necessary when you make your own salad dressing at home.
Is raspberry vinaigrette good for you?
This homemade raspberry vinaigrette is definitely good for you. It’s made with whole foods and that’s exactly what our bodies need to thrive.
More homemade salad dressing recipes
- Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing
- Homemade Caesar (WITH egg, no mayo)
- Homemade Caesar (WITHOUT egg, with mayo)
- Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 5 Minute Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon honey (if raspberries aren’t sweet)
- Add all ingredients to a jar
- Use your immersion blender to blend all ingredients into dressing.