Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
Sriracha aioli (or sriracha mayo) is a spicy and delicious dip that only takes a few minutes and a few ingredients to make. You don’t need any special tools - just grab your ingredients, a mixing bowl and a spoon and let’s GO!
What is sriracha mayo?
Sriracha aioli (or sriracha mayo) is a dip that we’ve been making for years. Sometimes, we just call it “spicy mayo”. You can use it in so many ways, from a dip for your french fries or veggies, or as an added kick of spice on your sushi. The sky is the limit here, friends.
Tools used to make Sriracha Mayo
- Mixing bowl and spoon (use what you have)
- Zester / Microplane. I use this zester just about daily, and I highly recommend it for your kitchen.
Ingredients used to make this Sriracha Aioli Recipe
- Mayonnaise (homemade or store bought) - This is the base of this recipe.
- Sriracha - The star of the show.
- Lime juice
- Salt - We love our himalayan pink salt (here’s a link on Amazon).
- Garlic - Fresh garlic (zested) OR garlic powder (for a milder garlic flavor)
How to make this Sriracha Mayo recipe
Once you’ve got your ingredients ready, making this recipe is easy.
- Mayo - You can make homemade mayonnaise or buy some. I tested this recipe with Primal Kitchen mayo.
- Garlic - I tested the recipe with fresh garlic, however if you don’t like strong garlic flavor, you could swap it for garlic powder, which will yield a milder garlic flavor (or omit altogether).
- Sriracha - According to my spice-loving husband, there is quite a bit of variation between the different srirachas out there (we’ve got three of them - ha!). If your sriracha is already heavy on the garlic, omit the garlic from this recipe. I say use the kind you already love - no need to buy a new type of sriracha just for this mayo recipe. My husband likes this brand and has tried a few of their hot sauces.
How to Store Your Sriracha Mayo
Like mayonnaise, this should be stored in the fridge. Put it in a mason jar or another airtight container and it should keep for at least a week in the fridge.
What Do You Eat Sriracha Aioli With?
You can use this recipe in so many ways,
- As a dip for your french fries
- A drizzle sauce over your roasted veggies
- As a sushi dipping sauce
- Use it on your wraps or sandwiches
FAQ & Recipe Tips
Is aioli the same as spicy mayo?
We refer to this recipe as spicy mayo. Aioli is a name for a mayo, garlic, lemon dip. This is like a sriracha aioli, or sriracha mayo, or spicy mayo. Pick your name you want to use. Either way it’s delicious.
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoon sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (zested)
- Zest the garlic
- Mix all ingredients together in your mixing bowl.
- If your sriracha is already heavy on the garlic, omit the garlic from this recipe.
- I tested the recipe with fresh garlic, however if you don’t like that much garlic flavor, you could swap it for garlic powder, which will yield a milder garlic flavor (or omit altogether).
- You can make homemade mayonnaise or buy some. I tested this recipe with Primal Kitchen mayo.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g