Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
Looking for low carb breakfasts to keep your blood sugar from spiking first thing in the morning? Then keep reading because we've collected some amazing low carb breakfast recipes for you to make TODAY.
A few years ago you would have found me eating pancakes, french toast, or at the VERY minimum a slice of toast with my eggs for breakfast. I was raised on the idea that you need carbs for energy...especially at breakfast.
But something about it never felt "right". I remember eating a carby breakfast (like cereal or just some toast) and an hour after I've finished, I feel SO hungry again.
So at some point I started questioning my breakfast choices and I began adding more vegetables into my breakfast (and reducing the carbs).
And the effect on my mood and energy levels was ah-mazing. We will DEFINITELY be trying these recipes in our house. I mean...just look at them! Yum!
- 3-Ingredient Grain-Free Bagels by Raia's Recipes - Enjoy breakfast again with these easy, 3-ingredient grain-free bagels from Raia's Recipes! They’re perfect for a GAPS-Intro, primal, or low carb diet.
- Easy Keto Biscuits and Gravy by Delightfully Low Carb - Biscuits and Gravy doesn’t have to be something to avoid while on a keto or low carb diet. This keto biscuits and gravy recipe is so close to the original that you won’t believe it’s keto friendly.
- Savory Keto Jalapeno Cheddar Waffle by Low Carb Spark - Savory Keto Jalapeno Cheddar Waffles are easy to make for a low carb breakfast or tasty sandwiches. These grain-free waffles are soft and crispy on the edges. They pair perfectly with a fried egg, avocado, or bacon.
- Keto Blueberry Scones by Primal Edge Health- Make this coffee shop style keto blueberry scones recipe in less than 30 minutes! Use just 10 low carb ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and follow the easy recipe directions or watch along in the recipe video.
- Keto Coffee Cake by Trina Krug- This delicious keto coffee cake is moist, crumbly, and all the things you’d expect from a classic coffee cake, minus all the sugar and carbs!
- Avocado on Chaffle by Keto Vegetarian Recipes - If you are a lover of avocado toast, chaffles or avocado, then this recipe is sure to hit the spot. Avocado toast can be made low carb by using a slice of low carb bread but here a chaffle is used in place of bread.
FRITTATA - Casserole - Quiche
- Broccoli, Mushroom and Brussels Sprout Cast Iron Frittata by Scratch to Basics - This delicious frittata turns out amazing every time. It's SO flexible, you can use whatever veggies you have. Perfect for a low carb breakfast for the whole week. Meal prep made easy!
- Spinach, Tomato & Cheese Frittata by Hoorah to Health- This spinach, tomato and cheese frittata is an easy low carb breakfast that is healthy & delicious!
- Dairy Free Frittata by A Sweet Alternative - This dairy free frittata is easy to make, filling, and delicious. It’s chock full of flavor from plenty of veggies and fresh herbs.
- Super Slimming Spinach Mushroom Frittata by Fat Rainbow- This low carb breakfast frittata is super delicious and ideal if you are into healthy eating or counting calories for weight loss even. Loaded with full of protein and vegetables
- Italian Egg Bake by Paleo Gluten Free Guy- This easy Italian Egg Bake is full of veggies and flavor. Plus it’s great for meal prep!
- Instapot Breakfast Casserole by Peas and Crayons - This Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole is the crustless quiche of my dreams! Serve it up for breakfast, brunch, or brinner and can be made in advance too!
- Kale and Red Onion Savory Breakfast Squares by Kalyn's Kitchen- Kale and Red Onion Savory Breakfast Squares are a meatless low-carb breakfast bake that can help you start your day with a healthy dose of veggies!
- Low-Carb Mini Quiches with Almond Flour Crust by Make Ahead Meal Mom - These Easy Make-ahead Low-Carb Mini Quiches with Almond Flour Crust are the perfect option for easy keto breakfasts or meal planning! They freeze beautifully, so you can make a large batch and keep them on hand for easy breakfasts on busy mornings. Gluten-free, with a dairy-free option.
- Crustless Mini Quiche by The Art of Food and Wine - Crustless Mini Quiche Bites are a pure hit of protein. Easy to make ahead and reheat or take to go, and customize with your favorite filling.
- Blackberry Paleo Pancakes with Almond Flour by Scratch to Basics - Almond flour Paleo pancakes are a perfect breakfast or brunch with summer berries. They're gluten free, grain free, Paleo, and dairy free. No milk (dairy or non-dairy) in this recipe, but plenty of goodness.
- Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes by Hurry the Food Up - The 2 ingredient Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes. Just mix eggs and cream cheese to get delicious low carb, high taste pancakes. Ready in 10 minutes.
- Oven Baked Coconut Flour Pancakes by Easy and Delish - Oven Baked or Sheet Pan Coconut Flour Pancakes Recipe made with COCONUT FLOUR ONLY (no almond flour) that are easy, fluffy, and moist. The best low carb breakfast ever!
- Keto Low Carb Pancakes with a Sneaky Vegetable by This Old Gal - Keto Low Carb Pancakes are made with only a few ingredients and sneaks in low carb squash, without compromising taste or adding grittiness.
- Ricotta Almond Pancakes by Keto Cooking Christian - Creamy and fluffy ricotta pancakes with a delicate hint of almond flavor!
- Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes by Yum Vegan Lunch Ideas - These coconut flour pancakes are the perfect low carb substitute.
- Paleo Chocolate Pancakes by Fit as a Mama Bear - Only six ingredients in these light, paleo chocolate pancakes. Chocolate based and indulgent, you’ll never guess that these low carb chocolate pancakes don’t have a huge flour base. Eat them as-is if you’re looking to scale back your calories or indulge in deliciousness and top with your favorites!
Grab And Go
- Pumpkin Chai Latte Energy Balls by Tea Chachai - perfect for on-the-go breakfast! (Not that we’ll be going to too many places 😳) healthy and perfect for fall
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls by Happy Kitchen Rocks - Naturally sweet, loaded with energy, these vegan chocolate peanut butter energy balls are delicious, healthy and perfect for an after-school snack, or whenever you’re needing a bit of a “pick-me-up” to your day. They are the perfect grab and go treat for any busy family.
- Grain Free Breakfast Bars by Running to the Kitchen - These healthy grain free breakfast bars are made with nuts, seeds and fruit for a filling on the go breakfast. They’re low carb and packed with healthy fat.
- Low Carb Apple Muffins by Food Borne Wellness - These low carb apple muffins are grain-free, gluten free and loaded with goodness. A much better breakfast option than a traditional muffin with blood sugar stabilizing healthy fats and fewer carbs.
- Make-Ahead Broccoli Cheddar Egg Muffins by Lively Table - Easy Make-Ahead Broccoli Cheddar Egg Muffins are full of veggies and protein for a healthy breakfast on busy mornings. This recipe is perfect for weekend meal prep!
- Keto Breakfast Muffins With Cottage Cheese by Low Carb Yum - If you only use cottage cheese for lasagna, then you’ve got to whip up these keto breakfast muffins using cottage.
- Low Carb Keto Bannana Muffins by Wholesome Yum - A moist, bakery-style keto banana muffins recipe to satisfy your craving! Sugar-free low carb banana muffins with almond flour have a secret ingredient to make them taste just like banana bread without any bananas.
- Keto Morning Glory Muffins by Eat Beautiful - Keto Morning Glory Muffins are simply bursting with fun, moist ingredients! But instead of lots of grated carrots and raisins, look for great low carb ingredients with a similar outcome! This recipe can even be made nut-free. High protein and low carb, enjoy a new favorite breakfast recipe.
- The Best Blueberry Muffins Ever by LIke Hot Keto -The most amazingly delicious muffins ever, keto or non keto: Made in a blender for easy, foolproof, perfect muffins every time. Balanced macros, sugar-free and gluten-free!
- Keto Breakfast Sandwich by Cooked By Julie - This keto breakfast sandwich is super versatile. Enjoy with crispy bacon or make it with just egg and cheese for a vegetarian option.
- Hash Brown Sandwiches by Regain Your Sparkle - Hash brown sandwiches make for a healthy summer brunch! Naturally gluten free. Try paleo versions or remove the top for a keto avocado toast.
- Best Homemade Keto McGriddle Sandwich by Butter Together Kitchen - If you love and miss the McGriddle, then this healthier take on the popular breakfast sandwich is just what you need. Great for a quick on the go breakfast or even at home, you won't want to miss this recipe!
- Blueberry Keto Smoothie by Jar of Lemons - This Blueberry Keto Smoothie recipe only has 4 ingredients and is a great start to the day! This smoothie is loaded with nutrition and a creamy, sweet flavor.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie with Avocado by Always Use Butter - Make a chocolatey breakfast that's good for you with unsweetened cocoa powder, peanut butter, avocado, almond milk, spinach and dates (optional). No banana, dairy or gluten products in this smoothie that's so tasty you can even make it for kids!
- Strawberry Spinach Smoothie by Low Carb Africa - Start your day right with this creamy strawberry spinach smoothie. This beverage takes a minute to throw together, and it makes a perfect, quick keto breakfast!
- Avocado Baked Eggs by G Free Foodie - Avocado Baked Eggs is a favorite breakfast – top them with bacon or roasted red peppers for a flavorful easy-to-prep meal! Paleo-friendly + delish.
- Instant Pot Bacon and Cheese Egg Bites by Champagne and Coffee Stains - Bacon and cheese egg bites are a quick and easy low carb breakfast that’s so easy to make in the Instant pot!
- Sunday Morning Shakshuka by Gypsy Plate - Shakshuka – So much more than your regular eggs! With so much flavor from the herbs and spices, this Middle Eastern classic ranks very highly on the egg pecking order!
- Crustless Chipotle Egg Cups by Gourmet Done Skinny - Make up a batch of these Crustless Chipotle Egg Cups and always have breakfast ready in a jiffy! I routinely make a batch or two of these and flash freeze them on a cookie sheet, then transfer to ziplock bags in my freezer. Weight watcher points included on recipe.
- Low-Carb Hatch Chili Cheddar Egg Bites by What a Girl Eats - Easy grab and go Low carb Chile and Cheese breakfast bites.
- Denver Omelette Egg Cups by The Rustic Foodie - These Denver Omelette Egg Cups are easy to make and so flavorful. Make a batch and stick them in the freezer. The perfect grab and go healthy breakfast! |
- Prosciutto Egg Cups by Cook at Home Mom - Three ingredients and less than 20 minutes is all you need to make these fabulous Prosciutto Egg Cups. Best of all, you can choose between cooking your egg cups in the air fryer OR the oven!
- Moroccan Baked Eggs by Emma Eats and Explores - Shakshuka is a Moroccan breakfast dish of baked eggs in a rich tomato sauce. Spice it up or down depending on your preference for a healthy tasty breakfast
- Spinach and Feta Egg Cups by Served from Scratch - These Spinach and Feta Egg Cups are a delicious, easy to make grab n go breakfast that’s packed full of nutrition and flavor!
- Portabello Mushroom Baked Eggs 3 Ways by My Kitchen Love - Portobello Mushrooms Baked Eggs 3 Ways is surprisingly easy, yet full of flavour healthy low carb dish. Make all 3 flavours or go with your favourite.
Just because you want to lower your carb intake at breakfast, doesn't mean you can't eat yummy (and even bread-like) foods. This list is proof of that!
Comment below with the recipe you'll be trying first!