Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
Chocolate almond butter is a deliciously simple nut butter treat you can make in minutes at home. The simplicity of this recipe is what makes it shine. With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a tasty healthy chocolate treat you can enjoy in a variety of ways.
Tools used to make this recipe
- Food processor - This is the one we use and love. Highly recommend it.
Ingredients used to make this almond nutella spread
- Almonds- I love using roasted almonds for more flavor.
- Chocolate bar - I love dark chocolate. This is my all time favorite one (and I've tried a LOT)
- Maple syrup - Use the 100% pure maple syrup (the good kind).
- Vanilla - Again, use the good stuff (not the imitation vanilla) for the best flavor.
- Coconut oil - You're not using much, so even if you don't like the coconut flavor, you likely won't notice the flavor.
- Salt - Use what you love. We love this himalayan salt.
How to make this recipe
The process is so simple - just add all ingredients to the bowl of your food processor, blend for about 10 minutes, and enjoy! Simple, easy, and so delicious!
FAQ & Recipe Tips
How to store it
I recommend storing your chocolate almond butter in the fridge, although it will likely get thick and hard to spread when cold. If you’d like to store it on your counter, it should last a week and be safe. Use your best judgment.
How to use chocolate almond butter
Use this in the same way you use your other nut butters where you’d like a bit of chocolate to go with it. Spread it on your paleo pancakes, use it in place of peanut butter, or eat it by the spoonful. You can also roll it into balls and create a chocolate protein ball.
Is chocolate almond spread good for you
This homemade chocolate almond spread is packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats. It tastes good and is good for you!
More nut butters from scratch
- Pumpkin Seed Butter
- Cinnamon Almond Butter
- 2 Ingredient Almond Butter
- Cinnamon Maple Walnut Butter
- Walnut Butter
Chocolate Almond Butter
This chocolate almond butter is a deliciously simple nut butter treat you can make in just 10 minutes at home with just a few simple ingredients. Tastes like an almond butter nutella!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 oz dark chocolate bar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of your food processor.
- Blend until smooth consistency.
- Spread on toast, dip fruit in it, and enjoy.
- For a thinner consistency, add more coconut oil.
- You don't need to melt the coconut oil because when you add it into the food processor, the heat of the blending will melt it for you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply