Some of the links on this site may be affiliate links. This means, at no additional cost to you, I may be paid a small commission if you follow the links and make a purchase. Learn more here.
These no bake brownie bites are perfect for those times when you need chocolate but don't want to deal with the hassle of baking it. You can eat these little brownie bites guilt-free because they're gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo - not to mention, so delicious.
And they couldn’t be simpler.
You can have a batch ready in five minutes start-to-finish.
Plus, you probably have everything you need in your kitchen right now. So, what are you waiting for!?
Tools Needed to Make These Healthy No Bake Brownie Bites
- Food processor - This is one of my favorite kitchen tools. We’ve had this one for about 10 years now and it’s still going strong.
- 1 Tbsp cookie scooper - Using a cookie scoop helps keep the size of the little brownie bites consistent and makes sure that it bakes evenly. Get the one we have here.
Ingredients Needed to Make These No Bake Brownie Bites
- Walnuts - These provide the base of these no bake brownies. Their high concentration of anti-inflammatory antioxidants, as well as their high concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids, ensure these brownie bites packed with nutrition.
- Dates - Dates are a natural sweetener and a binding agent in this meal. Chewy and sweet to the point of caramel-like taste. I used these Medjool dates in this recipe.
- Cocoa powder (or cacao powder) - Cocoa powder is an unsweetened powder that adds chocolate flavor to your brownies. Cocoa powder includes iron, zinc, and selenium (another health boost) Get some on Amazon here.
- Salt - As a flavor enhancer, salt is a great addition to sweets since it accentuates the sweetness of the no bake brownie recipe. We love this kind because it still has the trace minerals in it.
How to Make These No Bake Brownie Bites
To make these brownie bites, you’ll need a food processor, something to scoop the balls with, and the ingredients.
The process is simple:
- Blend the walnuts, then add cocoa, salt and dates
- Scoop into balls, roll between your hands & enjoy
FAQ & Recipe Tips
Overall, these are super simple to make, but in case you're having trouble...here are my best tips & tricks for success!
Are your date & walnut brownie bites not sticking together?
Try adding a few extra dates, one at a time until the mixture is sticky enough to stick together.
Can I make these ahead of time?
These brownie bites will last in the fridge for a week or two. So you can definitely make them ahead of time.
Can you eat raw no-bake brownie bites?
You should not consume the usual raw brownie batter that has raw eggs in it, but this recipe was created to be safe to eat raw - no heat treatment of any flour is required.
Looking for more simple, easy, healthy chocolate recipes to enjoy (that don't involve any oven time)?
- No Bake Dessert Balls - Chocolate and Zesty Ginger
- Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Homemade Almond Chocolate Bark
No Bake Brownie Bites
Looking for a quick, easy, yummy treat? These no bake brownie bites are just what you need. Plus they're Paleo, vegan, gluten and dairy free!
- 2 cups whole walnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates (~20)
- 1 cup cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- ¼ tsp salt
1. In your food processor, pulse the walnuts until finely ground
2. Add the cocoa powder & salt, then pulse until combined
3. Add the dates, one at a time, to the bowl of the food processor, while it’s on
4. Once the dates are all added, process the mixture until it’s crumbly, and sticks together.
5. Use a scooper, a spoon, or your hands to roll the mixture into balls.
6. Serve, eat, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply