The Best Slow Roasted Semi Dried Tomatoes
These sweet bursts of rich tomato flavor are SO worth the time they take to cook. Enjoy these slices of heaven on your burger or sandwich today.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 12-16 slices 1x
- Category: condiment
- Method: oven roasted
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- 3 medium – large slicing tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 250 (F).
- Slice your tomatoes and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle the pinch of salt.
- Bake in your oven for 2-3 hours (depending on thickness of slices).
- Remove from oven and drizzle balsamic vinegar over them.
- If you have slices with varying thickness, check at the 2 hour mark and remove any slices that are getting browned or dried.
Keywords: slow roasted tomatoes, semi dried tomatoes, preserve tomatoes