Best Healthy Brownie Recipe
These brownies are healthier than your typical brownie, but still so delicious. Make them for your next party!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: one 8" square pan 1x
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup applesauce (OR 1/4 cup coconut milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cacao powder (can sub cocoa powder)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (*** see notes for Paleo or if sensitive to corn starch)
- Preheat oven to 350 (F)
- Grease 8″ x 8″ baking dish (alternatively can use parchment paper underneath brownies).
- Melt coconut oil in microwave or in a pot on the stove.
- Mix all wet ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- The mixture will be thick. Press it down into your baking dish with a rubber spatula or your hands.
- Bake in 350 (F) oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the edges feel firm to touch.
- Wait until the brownies have cooled before you cut them. They will be really crumbly if you try to dig in when they’re warm. I know it’s hard, but you can do it!
- Instead of the applesauce you can substitute 1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat).
- If the corn starch in typical baking powder is an issue, substitute (1/8 tsp baking soda + 1/4 tsp cream of tartar) for the baking powder in the recipe.
Keywords: chocolate, brownie, almond butter, healthy