Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Sesame Ginger Sauce
Grilled cauliflower steaks brushed with a sesame ginger sauce will make your taste buds so so so happy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: vegetables, side dish
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos (can use soy sauce, see note below)
- 1 tsp zested ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 2 heads of cauliflower, sliced 1/2″ thick into cauliflower steaks
- olive oil or avocado oil for drizzling on the cauliflower steaks
- a pinch or two of salt
- Make the sauce by putting all the sauce ingredients into a mason jar, close the lid, and shake until combined.
- Slice the cauliflower steaks to about 1/2″ thickness
- Put them on a sheet of foil and drizzle with oil (I used avocado oil, but olive oil would work too) and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt.
- Grill the cauliflower (on the foil) for about 2-5 minutes (this will vary depending on how hot your grill is). When the bottom looks charred, flip it over gently (see note below).
- After another 2-5 minutes, remove it from the grill and brush the sauce on top.
- If you want to substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos, feel free. I would omit the salt in the sauce (because soy sauce is saltier than coconut aminos).
- To gently flip the steaks on the grill, I use a spatula to grab them underneath, and then my other hand to make sure they don’t hit the grill too hard. Be careful, the grill is hot!
Keywords: grilled cauliflower, cauliflower steak, sesame ginger sauce