Paleo Chicken Pad Thai with Carrot Noodles
A delicious chicken Pad Thai without refined sugar or soy and with carrot noodles. A crowd pleaser everyone will love.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dinner, weeknight meal
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian, Thai
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp water
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- limes for serving (optional)
- 2 Tbsp tamarind
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- Make the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a jar or bowl
- Peel the carrot noodles and chop the onions and peppers
- Toss the chicken and 1 Tbsp of the sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Cook the chicken thighs on medium heat for 3-5 minutes and then flip them
- When you flip the chicken thighs, add the onions to the pan.
- Cook the chicken thighs until cooked. When they’re cooked through, remove the chicken from the pan and add the peppers.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the peppers and onions are cooked.
- Scoot the veggies to one half of the pan and scramble the eggs in the other half. When the eggs are cooked, mix everything together
- Add 3 Tbsp of sauce and 3 Tbsp of water, top the veggies with the carrot noodles and cover the pan for 3-5 minutes until the carrot noodles are slightly soft (but not mushy).
- Top with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge (optional).
Keywords: chicken pad thai, paleo pad thai, gluten free pad thai