Dangerously Dark Chocolate Cake [GF + DF]
An irresistible dark chocolate cake that’s always a crowd pleaser. Gluten free and dairy free, everyone can have a slice!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 8" round cakes 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp vinegar (white vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 (F)
- Prepare your two 8″ round cake pans by laying parchment down. Grease the pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt).
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl (eggs, coconut milk, coffee, avocado oil, vinegar, vanilla).
- Combine and stir until the dry is incorporated into the wet.
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans.
- Bake in the 350 (F) oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the center springs back when you gently touch it.
- I recommend this chocolate frosting for a delicious (and healthy) option.
- For cupcakes, bake in 350 (F) oven for about 15 minutes. It will make 15-18 cupcakes (depending on how big you make them).
Keywords: dessert, chocolate cake, dark chocolate cake, gluten free cake